Monday, June 8, 2009

Attributes of God

http://www.navigators.org/us/resources/items/Thirty%20Days%20of%20Praying%20the%20Names%20and%20Attributes%20of%20God

Byrdness, this should get you to the list that I have been using. If not let me know and I can copy it in an email. It has been really good for me--pretty short but makes you think. It's also neat to hear songs or other passages in the Bible that highlight the attributes that I have learned so far. I've been trying to get up before the Squeezers and I like to sit out on our patio. I read the passage and reflect on it some--then I pray about what I've learned and really try to focus on that attribute as I pray--praise God for that part of Him. Something profound that has occured to me is that any good attribute in our own life comes directly from Him. He really is our 'Source'.

Plus--your kids are at an age where they can comprehend some of them. I taught Kenna that God is 'immutable'. She knows that God never changes: He never dies, He never gets old, He never changes from good to evil and He never changes His love for us. Those were the four things that never change about Him, among others, that I highlighted for her to understand. She also knows 'holy' and I'm kinda working on 'omnipotent'.

I don't share all this because I think I'm some sort of 'uber-Christian'--I share because I struggle so bad with carving out that special time to learn and pray. I'm just excited to have something that is working right now. Hope you find the same satisfaction.

I'll check out those Darcy books--never heard of them but I'm sure the library has them.
much love
Lizzy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kitty, thanks for this little recommendation. I have enjoyed doing this each day before work at TRH. It has helped me center myself before work. Mcat