Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last Sunday

Hello Felines!
Well, I'm spending my last Sunday night by myself. Eli officially ends his five year stint of patrol officer this Friday. It's a bitter sweet ending to a chapter of our lives. He has no doubt become very familiar with a whole world that we suburbanites never truly experience. And now he's about to enter an even more depraved section of humanity...child abuse. But as scary and dark as this all seems we truly feel this is where we need to be and that God is using these chapters of life to prepare Eli for something amazing in the future.

So, next Monday we're heading off to Florida by plane. I can't even imagine how this trip will go with Duncan. I shudder to consider the possibilities. Don't tell CPS but I'm taking some benadryl to help him chill a little. I'm really looking forward to spending time with Elwood, Tina and Sarah, taking the kids to the beach and just having an adventure of a time.

I'm just about to exit my first trimester and I look about the size I was when I was 5 months pregnant with Kenna. It's not a pretty sight. I'm in the inbetween stage where it looks like I have a fat-gut rather than a baby-gut :( I have never been so tired in my life. Last night I crashed a little after 10pm--which is typically early for us. I also had some of the strangest dreams--one which I briefly shared on FB. I dreamt that I was the missing sixth member of a super-hero team call 'The Knights of Gluenschwander'--I am not making this up!!! Bizarre to say the least. But no more bizarre than Eli waking me up one night whistling a Sesame Street song. Why do we do such weird things in our sleep???

Anyway, this Friday I enjoyed the last of my 30th Birthday gifts. Eli bought me tickets to see Coldplay in concert. We're just now starting to listen to some of their music. They are pretty talented and it was a wonderful concert to say the least. We had awesome seats and were actually bumped up closer. For my birthday Eli also gave me my first diamonds ever!! He had me pick out some beautiful diamond studs and surprised me with a gorgeous aquamarine and saphire necklace. He treated me like a queen--which is what I wanted, of course :) My parents, sister and bro-in-law also surprised me by showing up for dinner and duck pin bowling. It was a great Birthday Extraganza Weekend.

Well, not sure what else to share. Any body want to suggest any good books? I need to find a decent read. Oh, and if any of you are struggling with an idea for something to study from the Bible I have been doing a short study each morning on the attributes of God. You can find lists online with scripture references--try the Navigators site. Anyway, I always struggle with self-study and have found this to be quite profound. It's neat to think about a particular attribute of God each day.

Many blessings to you My Cats
Love Lizzy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cat that is a great Bible Study idea. do you mind to send me the link to the one you are doing. Maybe we can discuss it from time to time. Also, so proud of you and Eli, i cannot imagine moving into the child abuse sector. I would NEVER be able to do it! I will be praying for your transition. shannon warden told me she is really into the Darcy Sequels, something like Pride & Predjudice. You might google the subject.

love you!
mcat

Anonymous said...

Do you know the name of the author for those Darcy books? I looked them up and found all sorts of options--not sure which one it is.