Monday, December 1, 2008

In need of a new blog...

Well Kittynesses--
I was tired of seeing my poor pitiful blog so I'm writing a new one.  On a more positive and encouraging note I have never in my life received such an outpouring of compassion and kindness as I did last week.  I probably received about 20 cards in the mail and we were even blessed with a meal tonight from complete strangers--an Indy friend of mine and her school bought us a dinner and I've never even met any of them.  I'm brought to tears when I consider the kindness that has been shown to us.  Overall I feel like my body is back to normal and for the most part healed but there is still a huge rent in my heart that will take some time to mend.  Sometimes I just feel like crying...

Our life moves on.  We put up our Christmas tree the other day and we have to keep our eyes on Dunk every minute--he is sneaky with our tree!  I also got out all my nativity sets and showed them to Kenna tonight.  I'm helping her to learn and memorize a section of Isaiah 9:6.  I find that since I did not grow up learning all these important things about Jesus I really want to impress them upon my kids.   

Well, my big Squeeze just got home.  He said it's pretty slick outside.  I would love a big dump of snow right now.  I enjoy holing up in our house like a bunch of field mice.  

One funny story about Kenna.  This past Sunday her preschool class sang a couple of songs in front of the whole church.  Kenna pranced up onto the stage, went right over to the microphone and proceeded to adjust it to fit her.  Then she held onto to it so none of the other children could take it from her.  When they started to sing she was the only one you could really hear.  What a diva!  Eli and I were beside ourselves and she was getting many chuckles from the crowd!  Oh, have mercy.

Blog about your holidays!  I miss hearing from you all.
Lizzy

No comments: