Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Holiday Report Thus Far


As prescribed, i am taking a break from daily acts of random kindness and goodwill to be obedient and offer up a holiday report. :)

We got home from VA this past Monday. We were in VA for several days of extreme spoiling from Mom-Mom, who was her normal out of control self. We arrived to find a whole new art corner set aside in the corner of the living room, complete with every possible piece of Crayola known to man. Surprised are we? No. Then on top of it all on Saturday we girls had a shopping day so Daniel spent the day with the kids. I guess he got a little zealous and ended up taking them bowling, to Chic Fil A and then to Maggie Moo's icecream and to Books A Million. THEN on top of it all came home to eat french toast sticks for DINNER. Nothing else just sugar, cinnamon and bread. So, needless to say i am spending this week detoxing them, only for mom to be coming down for my birthday on Thursday to stay the weekend. Gotta love the holidays!

Today i took Ava and Atley ALONE to get both of their flu shots. This is always an adventure. My two little darlings could not be any more opposite. Ava asked to "check her number" as soon as we got there, mommy translation: check her weight. Atley would have nothing to do with the scale. From there, Ava spoke to every nurse wanting to know each of their names. Atley only grunted. (As a side note, currently i am having to remind him before we go in certain places that bears live outside and if growls or grunts at people that is where he going to begin living: outside! It generally works.) Anyway, so when the nurse came in Ava volunteered to go first and asked for her shot. She never even winced, smiled at her bandaid and pulled her pants up. Atley on the other hand went nuts, didn't want the snoopy bandaid OR the sticker and told the nurse, "That was rude! I am never coming back here again." Great moment.

One other story, today we went to the mall to pick up a pair of tennis shoes i ordered for Atley from Journeys. As we were walking in there was a See's Candies lady offering samples. I stopped to pick a piece from the basket. At some point in the our short conversation she called Atley "Hon." We were walking off as she said it. A few seconds later i felt Atley pull his hand out of mine and looked back to see him run up to the little old lady and say, "Excuse me. I am not your hon." She laughed and said to me, "I guess that is a good thing." To which he replied, "It's a good thing for you." Oh my. Little twit. I don't know where he gets that little streak.

Ava is turning more girl by the day. She keeps telling me she wants Santa to bring her a phone. She also is obsessed with wearing "wapstick," i.e., chapstick. It is so funny to hear her say it. She is also very good at throwing herself on the floor when annoyed or not receiving her sweet little wishes granted.
I suppose this weekend we will hit up Festival of Christmas Ridiculousness, cant miss that outstanding choreography and people dressed up for the outdoors all while singing indoors. And who would pass up a fresh warm cup of some kick ass wassail?

I think that is it for now. Oh we were preaccepted on an application to adopt from Ethiopia. We are considering that for number three. I think i wrote about that already. We are still praying about it. We will see.

Fulty, i am sorry we weren't in town to come eat with you guys! I SO wish we could have!!!

Okay i wanna hear reports!!!! Let it be known that I've been good all day!

Love you all!
Meow.
Mandycat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice family pic Byrdy-cat.
I, too, got Duncan some shoes from Journey Kids--they are red high-top chuck taylor allstars. Would you expect anything different?
L
PS--I do not believe that you have been good all day--impossible!