Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin...

Well ladies, it sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas season. Ours was good- different since we had to stay in TN but nice also. Brevin was very much into tracking Santa on the internet- Swartz showed him how to do this and he continued to try to do it for a few days after Christmas. It was the first thing he wanted to do Christmas morning. My parents, brother, sister, and their significant others arrived at our house about 11:30 Christmas evening. Then we got to open gifts again on the 26th with them. Which also was the day I turned the big 3-0. Kind of hard to believe, but just like any other birthday, I really don't feel any different. Our house was definitely packed with all those people and my sister brought her puppy that she received as a gift- Brevin enjoyed that, but Denali not so much. The next weekend we were to meet Randy's family at a cabin in Pigeon Forge. Well, that Friday I woke up not feeling too well and a few hours into the day Brevin was complaining that his stomach hurt. He ended up puking twice- once on the chair but the second time he did make it to the bathroom. I tried to lay as still as possible on the couch so I wouldn't throw up, but at about 3:00 I got up to help Brevin get to bed and up came everything else. So we didn't join his family that night, but ended up going down on Saturday and spending at least one night. We were feeling back to normal by about lunch time on Saturday.

They have set my c-section for January 26th! Only about 2.5 more weeks- it is hard to believe, but I am so ready. I have two more doc appointments where I am lucky to get an ultrasound each time and hooked up to the heartrate and contraction monitors for 20 minutes. I guess because of my blood clotting condition- they just want to be on the safe side. The last ultrasound estimated her weight to be 6 lbs 4 oz so if that is right she will probably be close to 8 lbs at birth. I have switched over to taking 2 shots a day now- I am kind of getting nervous for the c-section with the added risk of taking these shots (I guess it can increase chances of blood getting into your spinal fluid and causing paralysis) so you all can be praying for my safety during all this. And if my platelets are below 100 they will have to put me completely under- at my last appointment they were 104 so we are bordering on the edge here. Oh the c-section is set for 8:00 that morning. In the mean time, I am still babysitting and trying to stay busy to make the days go fast- I just can't wait to hold this little one in my arms!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you- Vanessa I hope things worked out with your MIL!
Love you all!
Betsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy--Glad to hear from you. I'm going to put your c-section on my calendar so I remember to say a little prayer for you. This little girl has been a long time in coming, huh! We'll want pics as soon as you're able :)
What does Brevin think of a new little girl coming?
Take it easy, friend
Liz