Friday, March 6, 2009

Murray and Ovejita

I just finished watching the little section Sesame Street does with Murray and Ovejita--surely those of you with little ones know who I am talking about.  Whenever Murray comes on Kenna calls for me to come watch it with her because she knows that I like it.  That about sums up my life right now!

The McAllister's have been battling the flu for the past week.  I think it is the first time I have ever gotten it as an adult and it has not been fun.  So we've been slumpin' along trying not to hack on eachother.  Today I was relieved to wake up to some warm air outside so I quickly opened  windows to air out our sess pool of germs.

For those who aren't keeping up with Facebook Eli got the detective position!  It was two VERY long weeks as we waited and questioned whether or not it was going to happen.  But as it turns out he was their first pick and he'll start as soon as all the transfer paperwork goes through.  So our family will be transitioning into a new pattern of life.  Eli will probably have to give up his cruiser (which I secretly love having in our drive way) but he may possibly get a new Toyota Camry!  We'll see...

We have officially moved on from our old church and have been attending the same church where Scott and Mindy Heller serve.  We're still not sure where we will settle but for the time we don't mind blending in with the crowd.  With spring upon us and all the new changes that we are experiencing it seems like our family has shed some old skin and are entering into a new chapter of life.  I hoping in the next couple months to get pregnant again--I still feel like there in one more little face for me to love.  I only pray there are no snags like last time--I don't think my soul can handle it.  

One little kids story to share...yesterday right before nap I asked Kenna when was the last time she pottied.  She thought for a moment and then looked up at me, "um...about 6 years ago."
Very matter of fact!  
Oh, and I caught her in her first official lie this week.  I asked her to drink her milk and then left the room to get Duncan ready for bath.  She came into the bathroom and I asked her if she'd finished her milk.  She said yes and I went in to check.  The cup was empty and on the counter by the sink.  When I looked into the sink I saw milk residue!  The little stinker poured it out!!  So we had a talk about truth and lie....hmph! Nobody said they would be perfect!

My sister-in-law is in labor as I type so we'll be welcoming a new nephew to the McAllister side hopefully sometime today!  His name is Jonathan.  So that's pretty exciting.
Well, Girls
Stay connected
Lizzy

Have we settled on an official weekend?   We need an event planner--I don't mind doing it but we need to settle on a weekend and know that everyone is committed.  Perhaps I'll give Klepper a ringy-ding since we haven't heard from her in awhile.
bye



1 comment:

ErinMartinez said...

We love Murray and Ovejita, too! I have listed a new placemat featuring Murray and Ovejita. Perhaps your little one would enjoy it! Check it out: www.erinmtz.blogspot.com.