Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tortellini Soup

Meow Meow,
The fam and I had a nice little trip to Johnson City this past week--got to see all of Eli's family and visit with the Watson gang. We also got a taste of spring only to return to cold Indiana.

My tortellini soup has had several requests so I'm posting it for all interested:
1 small onion--chopped
2 medium zucchinis--chopped
2 cans chicken broth
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 can great northern beans--drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 TBL dried basil
1 pkg uncooked dried tortellini (Barilla makes a good Three Cheese kind)

slap all the ingredients, except the tortellini, into a crock pot. Depending on your schedule--cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. 20 minutes before serving add the tortellini and cook until tender.
EASY EASY EASY!!!!

Hey Byrd, what was Miriam Bull's blog page?
And what was the name of that Leap Frog program you told me about for Kenna. I can't remember anything!

Well girls...I'm beat. I had a nice vacation but it wore me out to sleep in the same room with my kids! I'm such a light sleeper and they are so restless and noisy through the night that I am ready to take a nap.

Hope everyone is well.
Lizzy

No comments: