Friday, November 9, 2007

Fall Leaves




So this was Brevin's Halloween costume this year. I made it so that is why it is a little big around the neck- but overall I thought it looked okay. He was a doctor if you couldn't tell. : ) I have been to see the hematologist (who apparently is also an oncologist) so when I get to his office I have pretty much convinced myself I have cancer because everyone is there for their chemo treatments. But luckily I just have a genetic thing that gives me clotting issues. He acted like it wasn't a big deal- I will just have to be on a blood thinner if I ever do get pregnant. They are running one more test that will tell them a little more and I find out about that in 3 weeks. After that, I called my OB about starting on clomid and I thought maybe I would have them just prescribe it over the phone. Well the nurse says they have to do an exam to check for cysts (mind you I just had one about a month and a half ago, but apparently that isn't sufficient). So I call to schedule an appointment and the doctor I am seeing isn't taking any new appointments because she is going on maternity leave soon. So I still haven't heard back from the nurse, but hoping for just the phone-in prescription still. Anyways, a little frustrating. Brevin is still doing well with the potty training. I can definitely tell the days he is at MDO because he seems to have at least 1 accident on those days, being he is in a pull-up there. But I am happy with his progress. To answer your question Liz- Brevin usually only calls us by our first names if we are calling for the other person (like if I am calling out Swartz, he will too). It still amazes me how much he can talk now- it is like he has been doing it his whole life, when really about 4 or 5 months ago he could only muster up single words. Now he can count, almost has his ABC's, can sing lots of sings (with some missing words), and talks in sentences pretty well. Anyways, Liz if you are coming in town, I would love to get together and see you some time. We should all try to do dinner one night or something. I would love to see Kenna and Duncan.

1 comment:

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Oh-everyone's little costumes were so cute!
Is the genetic thing you have called Factor 5 Leiden? Just curious because it runs in my family, and I had to be tested for it while I was pregnant, but I was negative. Jed and Adrienne Fuller are having a baby next week, and she had to be on blood thinners for her whole pregnancy, but it sounds like it went well.
I hope you hear back from your doctor's office soon and that they get you your clomid prescription.
Praying for you guys!!
-Fulty