Saturday, April 26, 2008

In the Spring of Things...

It is obvious that spring has kicked in for more than one cat family, we are barely posting! I have been saving two stories from the past couple weeks:

1. The other day Atley fell and skinned his knee pretty good, well enough to need a real bandaid. The next day Aunt Shell was giving him a bath and she asked him what happened to his knee. He said, "I fell...(insert big grin across his face)...in the Nile River!" My sister then asked him if happened to see a baby in a basket floating around. The Nile River?

2. This past Thursday i picked Atley and Ava up from Mother's Day Out and headed out the door to drop the kids off at their afternoons sitter's house; Phoebe. I stopped in the hallway to speak with Meriam Bull. We talked for a few moments then Atley's teacher Becky came up to us and started talking too. Atley, obviously observing the chattiness of the situation, said in his most polite voice, "Um, excuse me, ladies, it is time for me to get to Phoebe's house. Sorry ladies." I have been trying to teach him to be courteous to girls and open the door and just all that stuff that most men should have learned. We got in the van and he said, "I'm such a gentleman."
At least something is sinking in. Now if we could get past blowin spit bubbles on the mirror!

Well, hope all is well with everyone! Ness how is Eliana? Bets, where have you been?

Love you girls!
Meow

mandycat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Until today i didn't think Duncan looked much like you. That face he is wearing is just like the one you made when you pushed that poop out into that bag one fateful day.

I been good all day....