Saturday, April 26, 2008

The this and that of being a Cat



Hey Kitties--I have no clever or funny stories to share right off the top of my head. I wish I did for I always enjoy all of yours! We're all doing well and extremely glad that spring is here. I'll fill you in on how each of us is doing:
Eli had taser training last week and now carries one on his belt. He was tased himself for 5 whole seconds. I saw a video and it wasn't pretty. On a pain scale of 1-10 he said it was about an 8 or 9 but he did admit that child birth is probably a lot worse. He offered to tase me so I could put the question to rest but I have declined. After a collective 30 hours of child birth I think I can say without doubt that squeezing a baby through an orifice beats 5 seconds of electric charge through the body any day.

Duncan has been sleeping in our kitchen so the rest of the family can get a peaceful nights rest. We joke about it being his private suite with a kitchenette. He's had to learn the hard way how to put himself back to sleep without mom's help. He's about ready to graduate back into his crib. He is now sitting and very adorable with all his smiles. He loves to splash Kenna and I when he is in the tub. It has been delightful seeing the difference between girls and boys. I think there's more to come...

Kenna is a pistol. She coughs with her tongue out just like her mother and also asks a billion questions just like Habakkuk. She was bombarding me with questions today and I thought, "Did the Cats ever get tired of all my questions just like I get tired of all Kenna's questions?" There's another question for ya!
I took her swimming at the YMCA yesterday and taught her how to hold her breath as I dunked her. She reluctantly participated but towards the end of our water frolicking she was letting her face go under left and right. I hope she'll be a fish like her mother!

I'm doing well. I turn 29 in two weeks and in the mean time have an adventure race to participate in with little practice under my belt. I hope we do ok. I wish I had some more time to read and knit! I feel these things lacking in my life right now. I am looking forward to the end of June. Eli and I are going with our Church to New Orleans. The kids will stay with my parents. It should be an interesting time for all involved.

Well, I probably ought to do something constructive before Eli gets home. He may spank me for being naughty...I hope he does :)
Lizzy

No comments: