Monday, November 17, 2008

Since we're talking about it...

Well, since Bets and Fulty were talking about babies and pregnancies I thought I'd fill you guys in on my status.  I went to the doctor last week and I have a due date of June 16th.  However, after a quick examination and some discussion about my irregular cycles I was scheduled for an ultrasound appointment on Wednesday to have the baby measured and to get a better idea of when my due date might be.  So it may be that Kenna will be sharing her 4th birthday with a little sister or brother.  Other than that I am as healthy as a horse--just a little more tired at night and hungry through the day.

We got a van...Byrd has already harassed me!  I've resigned to it and actually think it will be a lot better than bending over 8 months pregnant to ge tchildren in and out of a Taurus--plus, no sooner do we get the van and the Taurus starts acting up!  I'll try to post a pic soon.  Kenna was really excited and still gets excited about driving in it to places.

Kenna has been saying some exceptionally funny things lately--she's figuring out the world around her.  The other day she pushed her stroller to me and there was a little plastic Grover wrapped up in a blanket in the stroller.  She told me that it was her son--affectionately named, David Crowder.  Then last night there was a little kernel of corn on the table and she was calling it her son as well--she's a strange little bird.  
The other day we were talking about 'Baby Bear' (our inutereo name for the baby) and she told me that the baby was, "going to come  from between my legs and I was going to squeeze real hard!"--this all happened a few weeks after we had watched a Reading Rainbow about babies and we had a little talk about how they come out of the mom's stomach through your bottom between your legs--and of course she remembered that!  I'm kind of that mind that it's better to explain things the way they are to kids and not give cutesy little vague explanations.  

She just bear-crawled out of the bathroom with no shirt on and her pants and undies down around her ankles--I wonder where she gets this stuff??

Well, other than that we are leading a normal existence up here in Indy-town.  I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We'll be heading down to Johnson City to be with Eli's family the 26th of December (Betsy's b-day!).  

No comments: