Friday, November 21, 2008

still playing the waiting game

Hey Kitties...
Just got back from the doctor and did not receive the heart breaking news we were bracing ourselves for.  I'm not out of the clear by any means but must wait until Monday to see how my blood levels look.  The explanation is this: because of my history of completely irregular menstration cycles there is a chance that the baby really is only 4-5 weeks along.  My hcg levels did not rise quite as much as they were hoping from Wednesday to today but my doctor is not ready to throw in the towel.  Mondays test will tell us a lot more.   If the hcg levels are still low then there is a good chance things are over.  If they rise then I'll have another ultrasound after Thanksgiving. 
Only time will tell.
Thanks for all your sweet words of encouragement.
I love you Cats and know that Baby Bear is nestled safe in God's palm
Liz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad for your good news. It is so hard to play the waiting game, but hopefully your appointment on Monday will go well. I will be praying for God's peace for you as you wait for more results.
Love ya,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, Oh what i wouldn't give to be rubbing your hair in my lap like the old days! No matter what God is still so good. Like Bets, we are just praying the peace that makes absolutely no sense all over you and the family. Love you so much kitty! Thanks for keeping us posted.
-M

Unknown said...

liz,
i will be praying for you sweet girl....
love,
anyssa

Anonymous said...

Lizzy,

I love your perspective, that no matter what your Baby Bear is in God's hands. It's true. I don't know if this a comfort for you or not, but our hcg levels were way too low for what they should have been based on my periods with this last pregnancy. It never did make any sense, we just had to accept that I was nowhere near as far along as everything that made sense said I should have been. Many blood tests and ultrasounds later, it all worked out anyway. I am praying that despite what seems like it should make sense, your little one keeps plugging along whether it adds up or not. I love you!!!
-fulty

Anonymous said...

Fulty
Thanks for you for telling me about your pregnancy with Campbell. It made me cry with tears of hope last night. I'm learning that the human body does not always work according to the text books!

Thanks also to the rest of my friends for all your sweet words and encouragement. Even though we are all miles apart I feel surrounded by your support.
L