Monday, May 26, 2008

Movin'

Bets-that is awesome! I will hold you in my prayers! When do you have to start the shots? I know you are so excited! I mentioned in an earlier blog(which no one responded to) that Scott and I were facing a life-changing decision which involves a move to another state. Well, we are moving to Carmi, IL! I had always thought if we were led back to Carmi, it would be through my job at the church, but not the case this time. Scott and I have been praying for really the past year about God's vision for our lives, even if that ment outside of TN. Carmi has a residential facility for children who have either gotten into major trouble or their parents cannot care for them, somewhat similar to Peninsula Village where he works not but not substance addictions. The facility is called the Baptist Children's Home and it is a ministry for the people who work there. Scott applied for a position, interviewed and a week later was offered the job. The job is huge-- Director of Residential Treatment. He will be over the houseparents, their managers, and all the family therapist, as well as the budget. There is so much more to the story, but I cannot blog it all! We are excited, believe it or not! This is a ministry, a huge lifestyle change, please pray for us! We will move on June 28! Hopefully, we can get together before I move!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! (And I sure hope you were kidding about no one responding to your last post, because I certainly remember a lot of comments about the mysteriousness behind your post!!)
That sounds awesome and scary and exciting and daunting all at the same time. Carmi, your old stomping ground. Will you try and get a teaching job there? Wow. I'm so happy for you guys.
-Fulty

Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't be sayin there were no comments. I left on myself!! Good grief. One more outta the state, not cool. Still excited for you guys though...i guess. ;)
-Mandycat