Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Staples, Apple Juice & Hay Trucks







Well since i have been making so many smart ass comments on everyone else's blogging i figure it was my turn to chime in! But first i must say that Liz i shed tears of laughter on the "Mrs. Eubanks" story. Oh my word! You never cease to amaze me! Believe it or not i am trying the green thumb thing as well. Although i have yet to really be able to ENJOY i think i will. We bought a bunch of veggie plants this weekend as well as two sunflowers for the kids. I am not starting anything from seeds though. Hell, i can't even grow a baby, i have start with'em already sproutin at least. :)

Anyhoo, spent the Labor Day weekend at my dad's house, helping out with the 7 acres since he is recovering from MAJOR back surgery. We got there Friday night and stayed through Monday afternoon. The title to this post refers to the major happenings of the weekend. First thing Saturday morning my sister Misty spilled apple juice on Daniel's computer and it died completely (he was supposed to preach a sermon from that computer the following day & all of TRH's stuff from the beginning of time is also on that computer WHICH the back up drive to died the week before). Well in the midst of this tragedy my stepmom, who is a nurse, began taking out my dads 23 staples from his spine. The staples were beginning to grow over and swell so she had to practically dig to get them out. SO picture my sister outside bawling on the porch over the computer, my dad literally yelling in pain and agony from the bathroom, Daniel enraged in the dining room and Atley and Ava whining for breakfast. And where was i? Outside laying hands on the house literally praying and exercising demons!

So the first few hours of our visit, not so good but Dad's staples are out now, Daniel fixed his computer later in the morning, Misty was better and Atley and Ava were fed. From there we proceeded to cut, rake, bale and unload 290 bales of hay. I drove the truck with the fifth wheel trailer on the back most of the time while the kids road with me. Their goal for most of the driving was to balance themselves on the back of the truck seat and see if they could keep from rollin off into the floor when I pulled the truck forward. They played this game for about 2 and 1/2 hours. So aside from a few hay splinters we came out unscathed. My kids enjoyed the weekend mostly b/c they got to be practically naked and pee outside all weekend.

On to other fronts, we are moving our next mom in next weekend. My house is currently covered in what will eventually go in her house. My porch has become a holding tank for ugly yellow couches and other odd pieces of furniture. It is really nice. I have never been more thankful to live off of the main road! Rednecks. The new mom is my age with FOUR girls. Yes, four. The youngest one's name is Patience. I asked her why and she looked at me like i was an idiot and said, "I got four girls."

Well i hope everyone is doing well. It sounds as if you are. It is good to have everyone back in the litter for once. Don't stay gone long.

Love you cats!
Meow.

Mandycat

No comments: