Thursday, July 10, 2008

Too Close To Home

Dearest Cats,
I'm sitting home alone tonight while Eli is at one of our local hospitals showing support to a fellow officer who was shot tonight. He was one of Eli's academy friends and they work the same shift on the near East side together. He was shot in the chest (his vest protected him) but he was also shot in the head. He is in surgery and they won't know the outcome until some time from now. I want this man to live for two reasons: One, he has a wife and his young life can surely not be over yet. Two, if he dies it makes it that much more likely that something could happen to my dear Eli. By his living through this it seems like maybe Eli will be OK too. I know this makes no sense but these are my thoughts right now. As with all incidents involving the injury of law abiding people--the wanted-for-homicide bastard that shot this officer walked away with a mere shoulder wound. Where is the justice? I guess that's only for God to know!

Pray for Officer Fishburn and his wife.
Pray also for my Eli.
Liz

No comments: