Wednesday, January 23, 2008

thank goodness I threw in a pair of pants!

Kenna, Duncan and I went over to the house of my Latvian friend today. For those of you who don't have a Latvian friend--you really ought to get one. It makes life way more interesting.

Anyway, Kenna was playing in the other room when I heard her say, "Poopy!" My lightening-fast mother-instincts had us both in the bathroom before she could finish the last syllable. I got her on the pot and she made her deposit--case closed, right? WRONG! As I got her down to pull her pants up I noticed there was doo doo on the backs of her pants. I searched frantically and discovered a cowering and confused turd in her panties. Then to my horror I saw another dazed and bewildered turd smeared across the front of the bowl. They were pleading to me with their fearful eyes, "we don't belong here--help us!"

So, needless to say I spent some time in the bathroom tidying Kenna up and releasing the turds back into their suitable environment. Thankfully God had whispered in my ear earlier today to bring an extra pair of pants along in the diaper bag--it could have been worse. Why do they always seem to mess their pants when they're wearing a cute outfit? One of the mysteries of the world I suppose.

Ok--sounds like Bets and Byrd are in. Still need to hear from the other delinquents. I'll call Klepper--Byrd could you give V a ring?

Did I tell y'all that Mindy and Scott Heller had a little girl a couple weeks ago. I hope to go visit them here in the next week.

Talk later
Lizzy

No comments: