Monday, January 14, 2008

Where did Liz go?

Cats
I'm struggling right now...Eli's at work and I need someone to talk to. I don't want to call him upset so you guys are next in line. I feel like I am barely keeping my head above the surface in the daily, constant, never-ending task of caring for small children. I have little to no time to just sit and stare at a piece of fuzz on the ground without some little person needing something from me. I am everything to everybody but at the same time I feel like a nobody. I just need some time to simply be Liz...and it's not a matter of sending the kids off to be with someone else for a few hours. It's a deeper need than that. I need to find something that's just for me and makes me still Liz...instead of simply being the person who cleans the dishes, changes diapers, runs the errands and picks up the house. Why is the task of mother-hood so VERY important but yet still so 100% consuming of a woman?

Please don't write back with a bunch of suggestions or answers to my problem--I really just need some listening ears and some encouragement.

Lizzy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

liz, i love you. i hate that you're feeling that way, but I gotta tell you that you sound more human to me. i thought you were supermom and thrived on the exhausting domestic responsibilities. I still think you're supermom, though. i don't know what it's like to take care of a baby and a toddler, but some days i feel at the end of my rope with two babies.
i'll pray for you to find some time to stare at fuzz. i love you!!! -fulty

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Oh Liz, I so know how you feel. I definitely go through different periods where I wish I could go back to teaching and then times when I am so glad I am at home. I just keep telling myself they are only going to be this young once and I am glad I am getting to share so much of that time with them- just think of all the things they have learned from us already. I know you are doing a great job- keep your head up and know that you are not alone!
-Betsy