Sunday, January 6, 2008

Out with the Old in with the...

So i am trying to count up the somewhat significant little things that have happened in the past few weeks and i can't so i will try to make a list to organize my thoughts a little better:

1. I turned 28 and cut all my hair off. Eight inches off the back.
2. I got glasses for an astigmatism i didn't know i had.
3. My son keeps asking me to drive to the moon when we get in the van. He REALLY wants to go. I told him if i had a rocket there are certain days i would gladly shoot him to the moon.
4. After finding my children up in the loft in the backroom on several occasions, we had to put the ladder away. Their angels have been workin overtime.
5. I had the best Christmas day of my life with my dad, his new wife, my sisters and their husband and husband to be.
6. My dad instituted a new tradition called "the man gift" and all the boys got new knives.
7. My kids received matching Schwinn tricycles from my dad.
8. I watched a GREAT movie; Juno. You should all go see it.
9. Atley wore his first pair of boxer briefs.
10. TRH is looking at the possibility of gaining at least 4 and up to 12 more units from which to operate.

Okay, that is the hodge podge. Now on to a short summary of how my first week in 2008was one of the most ridiculous EVER!!!! Saturday morning i arrived home from VA after driving three hours with my children alone in the van. Thankfully they slept most of the time. Saturday evening Daniel's sister (now known as the worst house guest ever) arrived here with her new Morrocan muslim husband and her two children. I went to bed early while they stayed up playing a game. The next morning around 6am Daniel left to drive the trailer for Crossings. About the time he walked out the door my phone rang. Rebekah, (our TRH mom living upstairs) was heading to the Emergency Room with more gal bladder problems. Although i am glad that she called me for help this left me ALONE to get ready for church with 5 houseguests, two toddlers and now a 2 month old infant! So i quickly put on my baby sling and got everybody moving. I can proudly say that we were on time. During church Rebekah called to tell me that she was sitting at a gas station in such terrible pain that she could no longer drive. So Daniel left church to go get her and take her back to the hospital. So i am alone again to get three kids and Daniel's family out of church and home for lunch.
**As a side note i will add that one of the many reasons why Daniel's sister is the worst house guests ever is b/c during this stressful situation not only did she NEVER offer once to help, but in turn stopped me with a hundred questions while i was trying to work things out. One of these questions was, "My husband can't eat what you made for lunch, is there something else i can get him to eat?" To which i prompltly replied that there was a Subway on the way home! Evidently he can only eat meat that has been blessed by a Morrocan priest of some sort. My chicken was unclean. So were my thoughts when she asked me that question.

Anyhow, so back at the hospital poor Rebekah finds out she has to have emergency surgery to have her gal bladder out-which also means i have a baby on my hands for at least the next 24 hours.

That afternoon Daniel's sister leaves and that night his mother, her new boyfriend Ralph, her son Storm and her neice Christina arrive. We expected only his mom and son. The other two where a... surprise.

I should also mention that in all this Rebekah calls after surgery and the anesthesia has made her absolutely crazy and she is hysterical at the hospital.
So i have to make several trips up to the hospital.

To make an already long story short, Rebekah ended up having to have another followup surgery so i ended up with the baby and Daniel's family for three more days. Most of her mentors were helpful during the hysterics but it was quite the week!!!!

Needless to say, 2008 has nowhere to go but up!

Love you cats!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds crazy. I feel for Rebekah, though. That gall bladder pain was the worst pain of my life. I thought I was having a heart attack.
You're one heck of a woman, Byrd. You can handle anything, apparently.
-fulty