Monday, August 13, 2007

good idea

I tried to comment on Byrd's post, but it wouldn't let me. So I'll just do a new post.

Excellent idea, Mandy. I feel very detached from my beloved Cats and I'm excited to be in the loop about what's happening with everyone.

I am doing well. I go to both of my doctors (OB and High Risk) every week now, and I have weekly non-stress tests. Everything is going well with the pregnancy. I do have gestational diabetes, which is a pain. But that's really the only complication, so for a twin pregnancy, that's pretty good. I have to test my blood sugar 8 times a day and give myself 5-8 shots a day. That's just more annoying than anything else. The babies are both about 4 lbs. right now, and they could be born anyday, they tell me. But I'm not having any contractions or signs of labor, so I don't think it will be in the next few days. I'll find out if I've started to dilate on Thursday. Anytime in the next 3 weeks I should be the proud mother of Adeline Montgomery Politte and Anderson Magnum Politte.

My parents are very excited, and they were just up to visit this past weekend. My mom made the bedding for the babies: Adeline's is blue ginham with a hot air balloon border (to represent Dorothy's dress and the hot air balloon from Wizard of Oz) and Anderson's is green cammo, to represent violent things like guns and stuff. You know me. So the nursery has this sort of ecclectic theme of Wizard of Oz and cammo.

Church is going well and I am glad to have VBS and all the summer children's events behind me. Steve is doing very well and has a lot going on right now, but it's all good stuff. We are just very excited and waiting for our new family members to arrive.

Hope you are all doing well. I miss you!
-Fulty

3 comments:

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Fulty- So glad to hear things are good. I had to have the weekly non-stress tests at the end of my pregnancy because my blood pressure was high. I can't believe they are going to be here soon! So excited for you guys.

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Okay that comment was from Betsy- just realized we will probably all be leaving comments under the same name.

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Oh Kitty! I am so sorry about the shots. YUCK! Well i am glad to hear that you are doing okay so far. Only you would do Wizard of Oz & Camo! It made me laugh out loud! Keep us posted kitty! I love you! Mandy