Monday, August 20, 2007

Things that Sucked (some quite literally)

As with you Betsy, we had our own sucky things happen this weekend. I took off to Nashville on Friday night with a friend to eat dinner at her favorite restaurant for her birthday. While in the restaurant i got really sick and spent the night in pain and puking. I haven't had a stomach virus like this since i was 12! I am much better today, but i thought i was not going to make it yesterday. I am wonderin Bets, if their wasn't a virus going around at the summer party because both Atley and Ava have had watered down versions of the same thing. Atley puked a couple times and Ava just pooped a bunch.

Back to my Nashville story. In the midst of being sick Daniel calls. Here is his first question, "How much IBprofen will hurt Atley?" He got the bottle down off the counter, managed somehow to get it open and drank a few ounces. Thankfully, after our very first ever call to Poison Control he had not drank nearly enough to do any damage. They said just to keep an eye on him through the night. Thankfully he was just fine. Drama.

Now to the thing that sucked literally. This morning i walked into the bedroom where Atley and Ava had the door closed (never a good thing) only to find a bottle of baby powder emptied throughout the room and in Ava's curly hair. So, not feeling so great, i hollered for Daniel to come help clean it up. The next thing i know Daniel is vacuuming the powder out of Ava's hair! She didn't even make a sound! Just stood there!

If nothing else, at least i have lost like 10lbs from all the diarhea. Something positive has to come out of this right?

So, Fulton how are you feeling? Are you nesting yet?

Meow.

3 comments:

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Well Brevin was much better Saturday night and we went to church Sunday morning and then Sunday after his nap he seemed to get a fever again so I didn't send him to MDO today (I hated that he had to miss his first day, but I wanted him to get a few more days rest- and not infect the other children). This morning he seems to be fine- we noticed a little rash on his stomach and the doc had told us if he breaks out in a rash after 3 days it is probably roseola (not sure on the spelling). So we are thinking that is what it might be and hoping the worst is behind us. By the way- I love reading your stories- they make me laugh every time!
-Betsy

Anonymous said...

Of course they make you laugh Bets, if i were outside looking in i would probably think we had completely lost it. Seriously, what next?
Mandy

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

I am good, Byrd. Better than you, I guess. I am feeling pretty tired and achy, but that's to be expected. I think maybe one or both of the babies dropped yesterday. Suddenly I had all this pressure in the cervix area and pain in my tailbone area, and it hasn't gone away. I'm on the homestretch now. Get these kids out of me. I almost passed out during my ultrasound on Thursday and they had to have me lay on my side. I walk like a 300 lb. 76 year-old woman. The babies both weigh 4 lbs. 8 oz. and 4 lbs. 11 oz., so over 9 lbs of total baby weight at this point, and counting. Let's get this over with.
Fulty