Friday, August 24, 2007

the waiting game

No, unfortunately I am not getting the news I had hoped for. We had a dr. appointment yesterday, and I begged them to schedule my C-section for next Friday, August 31. That would work out perfectly for my parents being able to be here and not overlapping with when Steve's parents are coming, (since I only have one spare bedroom now.) Plus, I just want to get these kids out, I'm so uncomfortable!
Sadly, the doctor said that they would probably not schedule a C-section for earlier than 39 weeks! That's 4 1/2 weeks away!!! She said she's sure I'll go into labor much earlier than that, but that she couldn't schedule it for earlier. She's going to talk to my high risk dr. to see what he thinks, but she's pretty sure he'll say the same thing. he told me last week that he thought I would go into labor within 2-3 weeks, so that's 1-2 weeks from now. The babies should both weigh over 5 lbs apiece at this point, so I'm lugging around over 10 lbs of baby and counting.
Steve is such a trooper, though. He really takes care of me and does everything for me. And he is very excited to be a dad.
I know I'm complaining a lot, but we really are very blessed and happy to be in such misery since it means God is giving us a family. If I could just get this foot out of my ribcage I'd be fine...
Ness, where are you moving?

1 comment:

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Oh Fulty- I know how uncomfortable those last couple of weeks are- hard to sleep, hard to bend over, hard to breathe! We know you are not complaining- it is all a part of the process. And while it is not fun now, just think of how good it is for those babies to be in there as long as possible! Not too much longer- I know you can't wait. Hopefully you will just go into labor and not have to worry about it, but if not, that is good too I guess! Hang in there!
-Betsy