Monday, August 4, 2008

Our sister, Gloria

We're still here...we were busy with VBS last week. I unwittingly agreed when asked to lead the hand-motions for our sing time at VBS. At the time I did not understand that the job description also included singing on stage with a mic! You all know my feelings about singing in front of people. It's one of the few things that I am really self-conscious about. All in all, though, it ended up being an enjoyable experience. The children were fun and I loved to watch them sing and dance. For the closing program each night Kenna joined me on stage. She danced and did the motions as well. One night she picked up a microphone that wasn't turned on and sang into it. It was quite cute. I may have a little diva on my hands.
This is Kenna and I singing a song about not being afraid.

The other day she was brushing Murphy with her little play brush and she said to me, "This is my sister." I said, "Oh really...What is your sister's name?" She thought about it for a moment and then responded, "Gloria." I smiled. I have no idea where that name came from. She doesn't really know anyone with that name.

Duncan is my little sweet Pancake. He is turning into such a little sweetie. He smiles at people all the time when we're out and I love to hear him laugh when he is tickled. He also makes monster noises ALL the time. It's one of the first marks of boyhood that I have noticed in him compared to when Kenna was his age.

Eli is doing well. Last night he went to visit his officer friend who was shot. He has since been moved to a rehabilitation center and is doing remarkably well--talking some, feeding himself, moving most of his body. It's truly a miracle that he is at the stage he is at.

I miss you all.
Lizzy

No comments: