Thursday, August 7, 2008

say a prayer...

anderson has a virus, but he will be ok. however, they believe the virus maybe something called "slapcheek" in which case, this could be a problem for me. i have to go in for bloodwork in the morning to see if i have contracted it and if it is slapcheek. my ob wouldn't say over the phone what this virus entails, only that it is a concern for pregnant women, and she didn't want to worry me before we know what we're dealing with. i am fighting the urge to look up slapcheek and its effects on pregnant women on the internet because i know i will jump to conclusions and worry about something i can't do anything ab0ut anyway. all i know is that pregnant woman are not supposed to be exposed to it and i have to avoid the babies' "secretions" until this is over.

i also spent the day at the hospital for my 3 hour glucose test. i should get the results from that tomorrow, as well. it's always something with me, huh?

i'll update you when i know something.

-fulty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fulty-
We will be praying. When I was pregnant with Brevin a couple fifth grade students had this and we were exposed to it. Of course I called my mom to see if I had ever had it as a child (because once you have been exposed then you are immune) and she couldn't remember me having it. But it turns out when I was tested by the doctor, I had already had it. They also said the risk to the baby (not sure what the risk is either) goes down the further along you are. Praying for good news for you!
-Betsy

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you today Fulty! No worries, I am sure God can put angels anywhere, including your belly! Love you! Mandy