Wednesday, October 15, 2008

byrd....

Hey, I just got back from our mom's bible study at church, and one of the leaders told her story today. I hadn't gotten to know her really well, yet, but it turns out that she and her husband bought a big house when they moved here based on the belief that God is calling them to start a ministry to pregnant teenagers who've been kicked out of their houses. They want to open a maternity house, and their description of what they want to do reminded me a lot of the Restoration House. I told here that I want to hook her up with you, that I thought you could be a very valuable resource for where to start and what needs to be considered. She is very interested in talking with you about it. They've already bought the house and fixed it up, and they really have a heart for reaching out to pregnant teens.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up that you might be hearing from her soon. I told her the website to check out. What contact info can I give her for you? (phone or email- whatever you prefer, etc.) She's very sweet and she is about our age. Her name is Sarah Strausbaugh (sp?). Also very ambitious, a real go-getter. I think she could benefit from your endless wisdom.

Thanks,
fulty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kitty, i would actually you give her Daniel's cell. He works full time so it would be much easier for her to reach him. 865-300-6806. Thanks for thinking of us!
-M