Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It hurts to laugh...

Oh, Cats. It's been a pleasure reading your funny stories, but honestly, everytime I laugh I pull something in the ol' uterus area that feels like lightning bolts are hitting me in the abdomen. It's not comfortable. I get the same sensation when I try and roll over in bed. I'm seriously considering not making it a 3-year pregnancy run. 2's enough in one sitting, don't you think?

Well, I think I need to be honest with myself. I really don't see this coming together for me. Especially now that the c-section has been scheduled for Nov. 3. She won't even be 2 weeks old at the time of our get-together. I just don't think it's feasible to make a trip to Cincinnati that soon after a surgery, or with that young of a baby. (And Steve won't be able to keep the twins that weekend, and I have no family close enough for that sort of thing, either.) I'd really love to do it, and I will be so sad to miss out, but I just don't think it's a good idea for me to count on being able to something like that 11 days after she's born. Please don't hate me.

It also turns out that Steve's parents will more than likely be here that weekend, anyway. They are going to come right after my parents leave, and my parents will be here for a week after Campbell's born.

However, maybe this will make it easy for all of you. With me out of the picture, you could choose a different central location that would be a shorter trip for you all. You won't have to come so far north.

Again, I hate to miss it. Maybe if I'd quit having babies every other week we could plan things around my schedule more easily. I'll see what I can do about that.

Miss you all,
Fulty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fulty, do not beat yourself up! I thought that you were probably being a little too hopeful about coming. My body was trashed after having Duncan compared to when I had Kenna. It took me longer to get my strength back. Stay home and be with all your babies. The twinkies are going to need you a lot too! We love you and completely understand. I just wanted you to know that we weren't counting you out--you are important to us :)
LM

Anonymous said...

The Byrdcat says, "Ditto!" You women need to think about adoptin'! That way you can take a break from baby makin all the time!

Love you Fulty!
-m

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. Have fun!!
-Fulty