Monday, October 20, 2008

Cheese Soup

Sorry it has taken me a couple days to get this to you. I woke up yesterday and discovered that I have strep throat :( I have not been this sick in a long time. The kids have been pretty good for me but it's all I can do to keep them fed and maintained. Luckily Eli was home yesterday for the worst of it.

Anyway...Cheese Soup
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water
4 potatoes
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup cooked chopped broccoli
1 lb Velveeta cheese-cubed
Garlic powder to taste
pepper to taste

Boil potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in broth and water until tender. Add cream of celery soup and turn stove to simmer. Steam broccoli until tender. Add to soup. Add cheese and seasoning and heat thoroughly until cheese has mixed in.

NOTE: I like to add a little more vegetables than what this recipe calls for--especially the broccoli.

Enjoy
L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks lizzie. i'm sorry that you've been under the weather. i hope you're feeling better, though.
thanks for the recipe, i'm gonna make it for sure this week.
-fulty