Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Do It...

Cats,

I am officially saying that we need to name the cat weekend to be Nov 14-16th and just do it. If everybody tries their best to make it a priority then we can do our very best to make it work. As many cats as possible!!! I talked to Anyssa and she said that unless the volleyball team makes it to Nationals she is in. She was also pretty doubtful that they would make it to Nationals. I think i can get us a really good deal at a Marriot unless someone else has a better idea. We have a man in our church who can give us a friends and family rate. I am also going to check for a house or something to rent for the weekend through another lil connection i have. So PLEASE everyone lets help each other out and send a comment saying yes i can or no i can't in the next couple days.

Now onto other things. What is everyone going to be for Halloween? Atley is going to be Thomas the Tank and Ava decided, in her words, she wants to be "Stinkerbell." I told her she doesn't need a costume to be Stinkerbell. She is truly the most ridiculous child! We went to two restaurants this weekend and she fell out of her chair flat on her back in both places. Caused TWO big scenes. I am just waiting for our first broken bone or set of stitches.

Atley had his last soccer game this weekend. Around 2nd quarter a bee flew up his shorts and stung him. With him being adopted i was a little worried not knowing his family history well enough to know if there was a chance of an allergy. But thankfully one of the moms had a chewable Benadryl and we go that in him. At first it was really swollen but i had read this article saying that if you put a penny on it the copper takes out the sting. Sure enough, i put a penny on the sting with some ice and in ten minutes it just looked like a little pin dot on his leg and he played the rest of the game. So remember bee sting and a penny!

Okay well that is all for now. If you are reading this leave a comment immediately about your status on the cat weekend!

Meow.
Mandycat

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know yet, but I have a doctor's appointment this morning and she will be scheduling my c-section today. I believe I will probably be wearing a hospital gown for Halloween.
My friend Deanna said she would like to help me, but I'm a little worried about the cost of the weekend. I don't know. Maybe I can join you all for a few hours but not stay the weekend. I'm just thinking 2 one year-olds and a 3 week-old in a hotel situation sounds exhausting.
-fulty

Anonymous said...

Hold on, i thought this was kid free weekend. Are other people bringing their kids? I just assumed Fulton would be the only one with a baby. Let me know if i am just confused.
-m

Anonymous said...

One more thing, i am thinking this will be pretty cheap Fulty. I can get a hotel for dirt cheap, like $10-15 a night per person.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for lighting the fires under our arses, Byrd!
Count me in--I've already arranged for my kids to stay with my folks. I kinda figured that Fulty would be the only one with a kid. Fulty, is Steve not able to watch the twinkies? No pressure--just wondering. Could you stay longer if they were with him?
L

Anonymous said...

Oh...I think Kenna is going to be Kermit the Frog and Duncan might be a Sock Monkey if I can work out the details.