Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Hello Ladies,

I will go with whatever happens regarding our trip in November. As far as the spring goes, I don't know if I will be able to make it with a newborn in the house. Kind of depends on how things are going I guess. For Liz- I am due on Feb. 1, so I am assuming they will do the c-section the last week of January. Things are well here. We made a trip up to Ohio during fall break. Brevin had a great time playing with his Nana and Papa. At the end of the week we went camping with them and he really enjoyed that too. He has finally started pooping in the potty- praise God! I resorted to making him clean up his poopy pants all by himself when he went in his pants and it took two times and he hasn't gone in his pants since. I had my test for diabetes a few weeks ago and didn't hear anything so I guess that means I passed! Yippee! I went to the blood doctor yesterday because they monitor my blood since I am on the blood thinner. Apparently, my platelets are low and they think I could be developing antibodies to them. So they wanted to do a few more tests on the blood they drew. I checked to make sure they didn't need more blood before I left and they said they have enough. I get about a mile from home and they call and say, actually they don't have enough. Well, I had Mia finally asleep and I really didn't want to turn around and go back since it was their mistake. I figured if it was life-threatening they would have told me. So they are seeing me again in a week to do that test and check my levels again. I told Swartz last night- this is the last baby- I am sick of going to doctors and taking all this medicine! Anyways, if I am developing the antibodies they said they will just change me to a different medication. I will be 27 weeks on Sunday and I am trying to enjoy feeling the baby move in my stomach and giving Brevin 1-on-1 attention since I know that will be changing quickly! Well, I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bets-I am glad to hear everything is going well! Cute costume by the way! YES, enjoy that one child thing now while it lasts. 1 to 2 was the biggest transition of my life hands down. I think Liz and Ness can testify to that as well! Much Love!
-M