Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Britches

Dearest Byrd-cat
Thanks for the sentiments that I think we all feel. I don't know how we could be expected to feel any other way--considering that we're not deity! There have been many times that I have not answered the phone calls of certain people I feel I'm 'ministering' to simply because my human and often selfish feelings at the time are, "I can not be there for you right now--I can not be all things for ALL people!" A balance between personal life and ministry life is a must. I am by no means as entrenched as you or Fulty are in ministry but I do have to set my limits--which is not always easy. I really appreciate what Fulty had to say--our kids will start to see when we choose their needs over the needs of others. We want them to see us help other people but we don't want to error on the side of them feeling pushed out because of the constant neediness of others.

I really struggle with this on the flip side--there are some days where I feel too entrenched with my children and would love an outlet like what you have. I have expressed these feelings before. But I always come back to--this is our season of childrearing and our children need us more than we will ever know. So fight for that time with them! Ask God for uninterupted time. Our sovereign God can certainly make it all work out smoothly :)

A funny story to end on...The other day Kenna was wearing a pair of pants that were a little too big for her. I told her to come over to me because her "britches were falling down." In her sassiness she replied, "My bitches AREN'T falling down!" I laughed despite of her sassy tongue. I probably shouldn't use the word 'britches' anymore. What am I going to do with her when she is a teenager? Byrd, Ava and Kenna are going to give us the time of our lives when they hit those teenage years! Have mercy...

No comments: