Monday, September 1, 2008

Trip to the Mt. LeConte




Eric and I just hiked up to Mt. LeConte this past weekend with some people he knew from his home church. They hike a lot...so needless to say, this has just confirmed how incredibly out of shape I am. Eric's calves are sore today and I on the other hand can barely move. :)
Anyhow, I thought I'd post some pics for you all. Don't they make you just want to come back to Tennessee, all you non-TN cats? Bets, this reminded me of the time I went with you and Randy and Greg and Steph during summer school that one year. Good memories! It also reminded me of the time when Ryan Moulden and Faith and Kristin and Erin-? went to hike Mt. LeConte our freshman year but they didn't take a flashlight, they got up there when the sun went down and then realized they had to come back down in the dark with only a keychain light. Remember everyone was flipping out and they didn't get back until like 2am or something?
Oh, I got a message from jamie ketchen the other day - she saw in the Oak Ridge paper that Deena is back in town and teaching at Oak Ridge elementary - I bet Jerry got a job there at Oak Ridge. I'm going to try to call her soon; how fun that Deena is back!!
Meow, cats...love you all!
- klep


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kleppy--i like the pic of you next to the spring. You look the part of a hardcore hiker even if your legs are killing you.
Lizzy